Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|BASE LOCATION:||Ampara with frequent travel to project sites in Batticaloa, Vavuniya|
|REPORTING TO:||WASH Coordinator|
|PERIOD:||As per contract-Assignment Basis|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The post holder is overall responsible to effectively and efficiently supervise the program at the field level and to be responsible for the project activities and implementation in the field.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Job holder work with internal stakeholders (staff members) and external stakeholders as per guidance from line manager.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Programmatic and Technical part.
- Provide technical guidance to communities on appropriate latrine & construction standards and provision of water supply connection.
- Assist communities in obtaining approval for latrine and water supply connection and construction activities where necessary.
- Train communities in construction techniques and building process management.
- Liaise between the communities and local level stakeholders.
- Checking, certifying and conducting Quality control and testing works.
- Supervision on construction works.
- Taking the join measurement of work done when and where required.
- Assist on the preparation of progress reports, gather information at field level for the database.
- Keeping and maintaining site records and assisting the line manager when required.
- Liaise & clarify with the project team on projects specification and details.
- Ensure that proper construction procedures are being carried out on work sites.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
- Undertake any other task assigned by Line manager.
- Any other duties mutually agreed.
- Producing project process when necessary.
- To facilitate donor/external visits and ensure that recommendations of visitors are addressed
- Willing to frequent field visits to the project areas consulting with the line management
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- NDT/HND/NCT or Equivalent with at least 3 years’ similar experience.
- NDT/HND/NCT or Equivalent with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Good writing and communication skills in English. Communication skills in Sinhala & Tamil will be an asset
- Very good knowledge of computer operation (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Internet & email)
- Sound Understanding tasks and knowledge of principles.
- Ability to priorities tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self driven ability to work independently.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International laws
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 03rd March 2021.to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.