Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
Snr. Protection and Inclusion Officer
|POSITION:||Snr. Protection and Inclusion Officer|
|BASE LOCATION:||Ampara (With travel to projects in other districts where so required)
|REPORTING TO:||Country Representative|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The Snr. Protection and Inclusion Officer is fully responsible to ensure protection and inclusion concept is strictly followed at all stages of the program.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Job holder work with internal stakeholders (staff members) and external stakeholders as per guidance from line manager.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work closely with Country Line Manager, and HQ technical advisor (Gender, Child Protection, Age and Disability), technical focal people such as MEAL, Accountability, safeguarding and others to ensure mainstreaming of inclusion and protection into IR country programmes.
- Support the development and delivery of inclusive, sensitive and accountable programmes under protection mainstreaming umbrella.
- Channel key recommendations and messaging to IR Advocacy initiatives, as necessary, to influence policy and practice on inclusion and protection.
- Work with key stakeholders within the country to build their capacity on protection and inclusion, which includes child protection, prevention of GBV, inclusion of all ages and abilities and to advocate for accountable systems.
- Work to support and strengthen safeguarding approaches and mechanisms.
- Lead on the protection and inclusion agenda across the country office and programmes including child protection, gender mainstreaming, age and disability inclusion and the inclusion of other socially excluded groups.
- Conduct reviews and develop plans to ensure beneficiaries and communities that IR works with are satisfied with IR’s approach and project activities are inclusive and protective of the most vulnerable.
- Carry out an organisational assessment on inclusion and protection using the Marker Tool across all projects and operations at the country level and develop strategies to integrate protection and inclusion across CO operations and projects in coordination with all relevant departments within the CO.
- Ensure that IR’s Inclusive approach to programming is consistently applied through all CO projects/ programmes/ operations
- Build/ strengthen active partnerships with relevant government agencies, UN and specialised NGOs/ CSOs partners, and strengthen referral systems in areas of Child protection and GBV and age and disability.
- Network with key external stakeholders to find areas of collaboration, best practice, innovation, knowledge sharing and partnerships.
- Identify training needs and build the capacity of IR local staff and other stakeholders on protective and inclusive programming.
- Ensure data collection mechanisms are in place reported on appropriately, analysed and utilised.
- Provide technical support on inclusion and protection for new bids and proposals to ensure it is weaved into planning phase.
- Ensure CO protection and inclusion approaches are in line with international standards such as Core humanitarian standards, inclusion humanitarian standards and Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, IASC gender guidelines.
- Create and lead on a protection and inclusion working group to provide regular briefings to management and in country focal points that support the deliverables of organisational change within the CO and messaging for external actors.
- Document learning and evidence of impact related to protection and inclusion initiatives and ensure these reported to donors, IRW and are used to inform new programming design.
- Proactively exchange learning and synergy with all involved stakeholders.
- Drafts relevant sections of reports required for donors, management, annual reports.
- Participate and influence external platforms on protection and inclusivity.
- Any other duties mutually agreed.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Minimum Degree in Development/ Social Science (or)
- Diploma in relevant discipline.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant University degree with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience OR Diploma with minimum 4 years of relevant professional work experience in protection and/ or child protection, GBV.
- Fluency in English, and local languages.
- Empathetic, Planning and organizing, Communication skills, Ability to work in a multicultural environment, Good interpersonal skills, Good advocacy, analytical skills, Teamwork/working with people, Drive for results Learning Elements, Be familiar with IR overall programming in unstable situations; Articulate methodology of programme and project management and results based programming in IR; Demonstrate a good understanding of policies to address child protection and GBV issues
- Demonstrate enhanced knowledge of protective and inclusive programming
- Good understanding of local laws in the relevant subjects, CHS Commitments, SPHERE, and standards for child protection, gender and inclusion.
- S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- S/he must be fluent in both spoken and written in English language and working knowledge in other local languages
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel when required.
- Committed to local laws PSEA, Child Protection and other relevant laws(local/ international)
- Adaptation to professional environment and organization.
- Knowledge and experience in relation to the CHS.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 10th August 2021.to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.