Request Resource Person
Capacity of IR staff – Localization Trajectories.
Islamic Relief – Sri Lanka
The Islamic Relief Sri Lanka office requests Expression of Interest from interested parties for the above-mentioned assignment.
Islamic Relief Worldwide established its Sri Lanka field office in 2004 providing humanitarian support to the survivors of Tsunami tidal waves. Islamic Relief – Sri Lanka has been working for people from multi diversified, multi religious, languages and multi ethnic groups without any discrimination but based on the needs.
Topic: Strengthening Response Capacity and Institutional Development for Excellence
- THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of this assignment is to provide necessary inputs and services related to the Capacity Development of IR Staff on ‘Localization Trajectories – strengthened for undertaking localization, especially management of relationship with local actors’ relevant to the priorities areas of the project.
- SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This assignment will target the staff members of the IRSL office, more specifically to develop the skills, knowledge and attitude of the staff in order to successfully support Localization Trajectories. As the result of this assignment, it expected that the staff members capacity will be strengthened to undertake localization, especially management of relationship with identified local actors.
- KEY TASKS AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the resource person will be to:
- Conduct Assessment/Pre & Post-test – A assessment should be carried out to understand the context of the project and to assess the learning requirements of the staff members. resource person shall be referring to the existing tools, guidelines and materials and use appropriate tools and methods to gather related information for the training design.
- Training Design and Customization – Based on the training needs, resource person shall design and develop training programs considering the best practices and incorporating the guidelines, tools, frameworks and appropriate strategies. The training design should be approved by the IR Team prior to the implementation.
- Delivery of Training – Training should be delivered face to face considering the health guidelines and precautions set by the authorities. The training program should be conducting in an interactive and participatory manner adhering to the adults learning principles.
- Training Evaluation- Resource person shall device appropriate mechanisms to evaluate the success of the training with a particular focus on the participants ability developed through the training in order to achieve the objective of the training.
- Reporting – At the completion of the assignment, the resource person is required to submit a detailed report using an agreed format covering all aspects of the training, training design, materials and tools developed.
- Required Deliverable
Following deliverables are expected as outputs of the training conducted:
- Assessment Report/ Pre & Post-test
- Module Developed (Training Design with materials, tools, presentation, etc.)
- Final Report
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The duration will be maximum one month commencing from the date mentioned in the Contract date or any other date mutually agreed by both parties (IRSL and the resource person).
- BUDEGET AND MODE OF PAYMENT
The resource person should include all the expenses for the training including travelling expenses, lodging, assignment inputs to cover the tasks and deliverables. The total estimated cost of the assignment will be paid in three instalments.
- 20% after submission of Inception Report – Training Needs Assessment, Training Design. Outline and draft Final Report outline.
- 40% upon completion of the training program
- 40% after submission of the Final Report
IRSL shall cover the cost of logistics, equipment and training materials required during the training program.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The resource person is preferred to have a min Degree in Development sector, Social Sciences or related Diploma with min 2 years’ experience in development sector programming and /or training.
- REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Ability to understand the context of the project and the organizational requirements.
- Proven competencies and qualifications related to training design, delivery and evaluation.
- Understanding of localization practices related to trajectories, project framework
- High level of presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English – Communication skills in both Sinhala and Tamil languages will be and added benefits.
- APPLICATION AND PARTICULARS:
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 5th August ,2021 via
E-mail address: email@example.com or submit to our reception at No 218, main street, Akkaraipattu-2 (067-2280009).
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the resource person advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief (Sri Lanka) encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the assignment. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.