Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
Reporting cum Communication Officer
|POSITION:||Reporting cum Communication Officer|
|REPORTING TO:||Country Representative|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||N/A|
|PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The post holder is fully responsible to ensure that all information and data from the field is captured, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes. The Communication and Reporting Officer is responsible to develop communication material on project activities for external audience.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post holder is accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- With input from the relevant responsible staff help produce high quality program progress reports as per donors and Requirements.
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents;
- Assist project units, program components and implementing partners on reporting and relevant communications as per request.
- Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, facilitate project review and evaluation.
- Fulfill donors reporting and requirements with coordination of department lead.
- Perform any other task assigned or required.
- Prepare annual report and program update.
- Prepare quarterly and monthly newsletters.
- Conduct case study, success story and learning log etc..
- Photos, videos capturing, IEC Material whenever required,
- Build external relationship with stakeholders as when required.
- Perform any other task assigned or required.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Minimum of Diploma in Communications and/or social sciences or equivalent. Degree is preferable.
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience.
- S/he should have an extensive experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting, documentation, publication, and audio-visual material preparation in relation to conservation and development fields.
- S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in English, and local languages.
- S/he should be well versed in the latest electronic publishing and graphics methods.
- Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, social, and interpersonal skills
- S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of programme design and implementation/ management.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment.
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International law.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 25th May 2021.to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.