Project Officer Vacancy Announcement
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka
Position: Project Officer (No of Position – 01)
Duration: One Year-(With possible extension)
Location: Country Office (Ampara)
Islamic Relief (IR) in Sri Lanka is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Working since 2005 in Sri Lanka.
Islamic Relief joins hand with Skills for Inclusive growth program which aims to empower youth, women, and persons with disabilities supporting in tourism value chain and to provide employment opportunities.
In implementing this project IR seeks potential, dynamic personalities to the below vacancy.
The position includes the following fields of responsibilities:
* Liaise and coordinate with authorities, organizations and agencies operating in the area.
* Conduct awareness session to community, employers and Participants (Trainees) about Project and its objective.
* Identify and asses the employment gaps /needs in tourism value chain sector in project locations.
* Conduct field level need assessment where required.
* Ensure project implementation is being carried as per the set guidelines, outcome and out put
* Build relations with the service providers and other project stake holders, in consultation and coordination with the Program Coordinator
* Submit Project Quarterly report and final reports to the Program Coordinator as required.
* Regular update and enter the Participants baseline data and Project information in to the provided MIS Online system.
* Conduct Quarterly, and six month mentoring with participants.
* Guide Project Assistants to carry out their duties in an effective manner.
* Ensuring that all necessary administration is carried out on the program and coordinate with other department.
* Ensuring significant events are recorded in files and a filing system maintained.
* Assist Program Coordinator in ensuring setting up and implementing a system to allow the control of resources in the project.
* Maintain project documentation and share the relevant documents to the archiving officer ( record)
* Provide support to team members and other teams according to specialism and need; Participate actively in Secretariat, departmental and regular regional team planning, information sharing and team building
* Regularly reporting to Management
* Maintain good relationship with local authorities and other actors on the ground.
* Any other reasonable duties assigned by your line manager.
* Adhere project policies and procedures strictly.
* Make sure all project guidelines and adhered with.
Expected qualifications and profile
* Minimum Advance level preferred.
* Minimum 2-3years relevant development/ marketing experience preferred.
* English working knowledge is must &other two National languages are preferred.
* Excellent computer skills, good knowledge of Microsoft Operating system, and MS office.
Women and person with disability are encouraged to apply.
Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 09thJuly 2018, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Candidates might be contacted by telephone or email during the selection process