Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|POSITION:||Project Officer (One Position)|
|BASE LOCATION:||Project Location: -Ampara, Batticaloa, Polonnaruwa and Vavuniya
|REPORTING TO:||WASH Coordinator|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||N/A|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The Project “i-empower aims to address the water, sanitation related issues by assisting vulnerable and needy families in the selected locations in Ampara, Batticaloa, Polonnaruwa and Vavuniya districts
Responsible for providing operational level support to line manager and ensure that all the activities are being implemented smoothly in field as per project plan/framework. Ensure regular field visits related to WASH projects and positive engagement and interaction with the communities as well as donor as and when required. The position is also responsible to prepare monthly progress reports and provide effective feedback to lien manager on any key challenges.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the preparation and implement three water purification plants in two locations (Vavuniya and Polonnaruwa)
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Job holder work with internal stakeholders (staff members) and external stakeholders as per guidance from line manager.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support in all aspects of the project implementation as guided by line manager.
- Support to conduct base line survey, and prepare analysis report of survey.
- Identify appropriate and most eligible beneficiaries/locations for deliverables of WASH activity- Water purification plant in Vavuniya and Polonnaruwa.
- Identify and build stakeholder’s relationship where relevant.
- Work closely with stakeholders to obtain project approval, land approval and other relevant approvals from government officials.
- Plan the project activities at the filed level, ensuring successful implementation.
- Supervise and monitor the project activities in day-to-day manner.
- Facilitate and work closely with technical officer, suppliers, contractors to construct water purification centre successfully.
- Actively assist and participate in project events (meetings/workshops/trainings)
- Work to establish WASH committees to maintain water purification centres in implemented locations and register them.
- Facilitate and find possibilities to enhance capacity of WASH committees.
- Develop sustainable process of handing over the water purification plants to the community
- Ensure transparency, ethical conduct, and efficiency in project implementation.
- With guidance from line manager, initiate planning for project (Operational Planning, Budgeting).
- Report on project activities and expenditure as requested by the line manager and according to project timeframes.
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly (where necessary) reports.
- Report to line manager of any changes which may impact during project implementation.
- Prepare lessons learnt and intervention model.
- Be responsible for monitoring and supervision of activities implemented in the project’s sites to ensure effective implementation.
- Responsible for managing project database and other M&E tools
- Participate in Project review.
- Identifying training needs of beneficiaries/WASH committee in the context of the project.
- Contribute in developing operating tools (ex: DIP, WBS etc) for project interventions.
- Assist in reviewing and redesigning intervention in consultation with the WASH Coordinator and Technical person.
- Be responsible to manage relevant evolving needs of target groups subject to proper approvals.
- Participating in designing research/ study, collecting data translating documents, research findings together with other team members and relevant stakeholders (Baseline, end line, feedback survey etc).
- Support the Communication officer in the producing communications tools: video clips, leaflet, press release/ press kit.
Coordination and Networking
- Prepare and participate in periodical cluster meetings.
- Assist in project special events together with the relevant IRSL department.
- Organizing filed visits (of donors, Auditors, other visitors) where required.
- Establish relationship and attends technical meetings with other NGOs and networks when appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other organizations and leverage resources.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Bachelor Degree Holders with minimum 3 years’ experience in similar position in WASH Sector.
- Diploma Holders with relevant experience of 5 years in WASH Sector.
- Experience of efficient WASH project implementation including planning , execution and tracking.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage effectively at operational level with government, UN, NGO’s and other stakeholders
- understanding of the programme frameworks, business strategies relevant to Sri Lanka
- Financial management and budgeting planning and execution
- Risk assessment and management
- Capacity building and organisational development of programme staff and partner organisations
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of programme design and implementation/ management.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment.
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International law.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 25th January 2022 to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.