Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|BASE LOCATION:||Ampara with frequent travel to project sites.
|REPORTING TO:||Program Manager|
|PERIOD:||One year with possible extension)|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
Project Officer would be the technical person of the project to support the field team in terms of planning, designing livelihoods tools and methods, linking with the service providers, introduce innovation, fill the gaps and track the delivery of the project interventions. He/she will also be responsible to collect data, reporting and documentation. S/he will be traveling to the field and will be providing technical supports
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Program Officer accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- The post holder will support the team in terms of planning, analyzing designing of the intervention.
- Responsible for ensuring that Program achieved targets of outcomes
- Facilitate to provide different capacity building to beneficiaries.
- Implement activities in accordance with the project guidelines
- Ensure a positive working environment in place with good team spirit.
- Representing authorities and participate official meetings to ensure maximum visibility when needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly result based activity plan of activities of the projects
- Prepare monthly quarterly result based progressive report to the line manager.
- Designing of trainings to the beneficiaries according to the guidelines of the program.
- Ensure the Child protection, Gender based violence and safeguarding concept are reached to beneficiaries with the support of relevant team members.
- Preparing and coordinating plan and activities that contributes towards the objective of the program
- Regular field visit to project sites.
- Monitoring and supervision of the activities at the field level and sharing the findings with line management.
- Perform any other task assigned or required.
Operation Management and Budget Control:
- Ensure organization overall performance standards are improved as a continuous process.
- Provide expenses control including compliance with IRSL donor requirements.
- Ensure transparency and accountability tools, processes, and mechanisms to affected communities are in place.
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project/program management cycle.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Min. two (2) years relevant experience with Diploma in development sector or Min. four (4) years with Advanced Level qualification.
- Experience working in Education or Health or Livelihood projects will be preferred.
- Working Experience of similar position in development sector / NGO’s or INGOs.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of programme.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to diverse social, cultural, faith and gender perspectives
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the region.
- Preferred to have working knowledge in all 3 languages.
- Teamwork and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel when required.
- Committed to local laws PSEA, Child Protection and other relevant laws(local/ international)
- Adaptation to professional environment and organization.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 22nd October 2021.to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.