Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|REPORTING TO:||Country Representative|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The post holder will be responsible and oversee Child welfare program, ability to design and implement short term food security. Guide and liaise with local implementing partner for Child welfare program
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS.
ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Program Officer accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- The post holder will be responsible and oversee Child welfare program.
- Guide and liaise with local implementing partner for Child welfare project, which is being implemented by local partner.
- The post holder will be responsible in planning, designing for any short-term food security projects and support the field team to implement project.
- Responsible for ensuring that all beneficiaries are selected as per project guidelines.
- Facilitate to provide different trainings to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure a positive working environment in place with good team spirit.
- Representing authorities and participate official meetings to ensure maximum visibility when needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly result-based activity plan of activities of the projects.
- Prepare monthly quarterly result based progressive report to the line manager.
- Make sure project guidelines, policies and procedures and adhered.
- Facilitate to reach out the concept and awareness on Gender based protection, Child protection safeguard to the beneficiaries
- Preparing and coordinating plan and activities that contributes towards the objective of the program
- Regular field visit to project sites.
- Monitoring and supervision of the activities at the field level and sharing the findings with line management.
- Perform any other mutually agreed task assigned or required.
Operation Management and Budget Control:
- Ensure organization overall performance standards are improved as a continuous process.
- Provide expenses control including compliance with IRSL donor requirements.
- Ensure transparency and accountability tools, processes, and mechanisms to affected communities are in place.
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project/program management cycle
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Minimum Advance level with. long experience in Child welfare and food security.
- Degree is preferable in Social Science.
- Min. three (3) years relevant experience working in Child welfare and women headed families.
- Experience working with women headed families.
- Working Experience of similar position in development sector / NGO’s or INGOs.
- Experience working with local implementing partner/s.
- Risk assessment and management
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of programme design and implementation/ management.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment.
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region.
- Training in any relevant discipline.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International laws
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 18th February 2021.to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.