(with field travels)
|REPORTING TO:||Livelihood Coordinator|
|PERIOD:||30 Months Program
(Yearly contract with possible extension)
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||Program assistant, Livelihood Assistant.|
|PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The division increases the organisation’s ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organisation’s donors.
Program Officer would be the technical person of the project to support the field team in terms of planning, designing livelihoods tools and methods, linking with the service providers, introduce innovation, fill the gaps and track the delivery of the project interventions. He/she will also be responsible to collect data, reporting and documentation. S/he will be traveling to the field and will be providing technical supports
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Program Officer accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- The post holder will support the field team in terms of planning, designing of the intervention.
- Responsible for ensuring that all beneficiaries achieve targets and outcomes.
- Facilitate to provide different trainings to beneficiaries.
- Implement livelihood project activities in accordance with the project guidelines
- Forming SHG among beneficiaries to sustain their income.
- Ensure a positive working environment in place with good team spirit.
- Representing authorities and participate official meetings to ensure maximum visibility when needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly result based activity plan of activities of the projects
- Prepare monthly quarterly result based progressive report to the line manager.
- Designing of trainings to the beneficiaries according to the guidelines of the program.
- Facilitate to reach out the concept and awareness on Gender based protection, Child protection safeguard to the beneficiaries
- Preparing and coordinating plan and activities that contributes towards the objective of the program
- Regular field visit to project sites.
- Monitoring and supervision of the activities at the field level and sharing the findings with line management.
- Perform any other mutually agreed task assigned or required.
Operation Management and Budget Control:
- Ensure organization overall performance standards are improved as a continuous process.
- Provide expenses control including compliance with IRSL donor requirements.
- Ensure transparency and accountability tools, processes, and mechanisms to affected communities are in place.
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project/program management cycle.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation ( PSEA) and have systems in place.
Essential: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide’s vision and mission including the following experience, skills and qualification;
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Min. two (2) years relevant experience with Diploma in development sector OR Min. four (4) years with Advanced Level qualification.
- Working Experience of similar position in development sector / NGO’s or INGOs.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of programme.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to diverse social, cultural, faith and gender perspectives
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the region.
- Preferred to have working knowledge in all 3 languages.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel when required.
- Committed to local laws PSEA, Child Protection and other relevant laws(local/ international)
- Adaptation to professional environment and organization.
- Possess valid driving license.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 03rd of December, 2020 to the following email address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant).
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.