Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|REPORTING TO:||Country Representative|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
· To contribute in development and review of country strategic and business plan
· To represent Islamic Relief among government, International and Institutional donors, I/NGOs and partners as and when required
· To lead/manage programme team in achieving country strategic and programmatic/project goals/objectives
· Quality/timely donor reporting and quality assurance in programme management and implementation
· Work closely with HR for staff induction, development, needs assessment, training and performance management
· To lead in programme development as per country strategic/business plan with special focus on economic development, DRR, peacebuilding and education
The position is within programme division Islamic Relief in Sri Lanka to provide overall direction and leadership to the programme team especially around economic empowerment, peacebuilding, DRR and education issues. The position requires strong understanding of national and international development discourses around UNSDG/Agenda 2030 and quality standards under CHS.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
- The incumbent is responsible to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IR Sri Lanka code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs). In order to perform its job responsibilities, incumbent is expected to spend 40% of its time in field and remaining 60% in country office.
- KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Programme Management and quality assurance (at least 30% of time):
- Make key decisions in relation to the program Management, implementation, and offer solutions to problems that arise during the implementation of programs
- Ensure the program meets Islamic Relief Worldwide Quality Standards, CHS and international Codes of Conduct
- Ensure the programs are implemented and evaluated in a consultative and participative manner through regular field visits, project reviews and meetings with beneficiaries.
- Ensure the timely submission of high quality reports to HQ and donors, according to the appropriate guidelines
Program Development (at least 25% of time):
- Provide strategic direction to program division, to ensure it works towards Economic empowerment by reducing poverty in a sustainable manner and responds to emergencies effectively
- Take a lead role in the annual strategic planning process
- Design new programs and projects based on the Country Strategic and Emergency Preparedness
- Plan in close coordination with programme team and technical leads
- Proactively identify opportunities to build key stakeholder relationships, and take the initiative
- to follow up with necessary action
- With the help of Project managers/technical leads, develop timely and good quality donor
- Proposals to expand the program, using a participatory approach involving all relevant stakeholders
Staff/team Management (at least 15% of time):
- Line manage programme team.
- Motivate the program team and ensure they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance
- Facilitate team building process within Program team and across Islamic Relief Sri Lanka and the wider organization
- Coordinate with HR team to ensure the short and long-term success of the program, including recruitment, staff development through annual appraisals, training need identification and analysis in close coordination with HR, security etc.
- Actively participate in the Country Management Team (CMT) meetings and decision making.
Budgetary responsibility (at least 20% of time):
- To lead and manage programme team to develop, finalise and closely monitor the program budget as per implementation plan.
- Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure effective financial and budgetary control of the programs, according to IRW’s policy and procedures
- Ensure corrective measures are taken to address over/under spends in the project budgets
Networking and Communication (at least 10% of time):
- Ensure visibility of program through quality reporting and contributing to IR webpages and annual reviews in close coordination with Communication team.
- Build relationships with donors, UN Clusters, Government agencies and other INGOs
- Ensure regular and effective communications are maintained within the program, and with the Regional Desk at HQ
- Work with the Country Director to diversify the funding base through developing existing or new
- relationships with donors
- Any other duties mutually agreed,
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Minimum Degree or its equivalent in management, social science or any related field
- Master Degree is desirable.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience of working with various International NGOs.
- An in depth understanding in relation to community development.
- Relevant experience in project development and developing proposals for a variety of donors including dealing with EC, ECHO, UN and DFID
- Experience of and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all staff.
- Experience of managing and mentoring of staff from various backgrounds and cultural settings.
- The position requires strong understanding of national and international development discourses around UNSDG/Agenda 2030, quality standards under CHS, familiarity with Sphere Standards, Do no harm policy, Red-Cross/Red-crescent Code of Conduct etc.
- Experience of working in Conflict/post conflict areas.
- Experience of developing links with INGOs, Government agencies, Institutional donors and other stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to other peoples’ views and perspectives, and conflict resolution.
- Experience and excellent program development skills for donors like ECHO, DFID, SIDA etc
- Strategic leadership skills
- Good organisational skills and a practical knowledge of support service management
- The capacity to develop and maintain an understanding of and be sympathetic to the social, cultural and political context of the post
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local).
- Excellent communication skills with fluent in all local languages.
- Knowledge/familiarity/expertise in program areas: e.g. Economic Empowerment/Livelihoods, DRR, Peacebuilding and Education etc.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited support.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International laws
Note: Please mention your minimum expected salary in your application.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 24th February 2021.to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.