(with field travels)
|REPORTING TO:||Program Officer|
|PERIOD:||30 Months Program
(Yearly contract with possible extension)
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||Not Applicable|
|PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The division increases the organisation’s ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organisation’s donors.
Program Assistant will be mainly assisting the project team maintain reporting, documentation, and facilitating coordination among the team members. He/she will be travelling to the field and will be providing support based on needs.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post holder is accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on annual basis.
- Assessment to identify the most vulnerable households to be supported during the intervention.
- Participate in the beneficiary selection and documentation.
- To work closely with the livelihood Coordinator and Program Officer in implementing for the project activities and share regular plan.
- To work closely in the field with relevant stakeholders to increased awareness of communities on Child protection and GBV.
- Facilitate to establish market linkage between beneficiaries and local market networks.
- To facilitate to mobilize the participants to establish self-help group (SHG)
- To participate in the beneficiaries verification process for livelihood activities.
- Attend project stakeholders meetings at village level and work closely with the relevant line managers.
- To arrange school based events/competitions on health and hygiene awareness.
- Perform any other mutually agreed tasks.
- Ensure transparency and accountability tools, processes, and mechanisms to affected communities are in place.
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project cycle.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place.
Essential: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief World wide’s vision and mission including the following experience, skills and qualification;
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Min two (2) years with Advanced Level qualification
- Experience of working in similar position in development sector / NGO’s or INGO sector
- Good organising skills and knowledge of programme.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to diverse social, cultural, faith and gender perspectives
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel when required.
- Committed to local laws, PSEA, Child Protection and other relevant laws(local/ international)
- Adaptation to professional environment and organization
- Possess valid driving license.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 03rd December, 2020 to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview..
Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant.
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.