Terms of Reference
Position Title: Mentor – DEVSEP Program
The Islamic Relief Sri Lanka office requests Expression of Interest from interested parties for the above-mentioned consultancy, under the Development of Vulnerable Communities through Skill Enhancement Project (DEVSEP).
Goal of the Position: To develop relationships with youth involved with the Division that will promote positive family and peer relationships, development and decision-making.
Role: The mentor’s role is to support their mentees by:
- Empowering participants to resolve current issues face in the work place and to develop coping strategies for the future with understanding the working practice of the industries.
- Provide a model for a healthy, trusting relationship through clear communication and setting appropriate boundaries.
- Acknowledging their strengths, talents and encouraging them to find ways to use them.
- Be an active listener and offer support and encouragement when appropriate.
- Engage in activities outside of the home to help expose youth to new opportunities and experiences.
- Complete Mentoring forms, consisting of written forms, references, interview and guidance.
- The fully combined report of the mentoring assignment in timely manner at the end of the assignment period
- Maintain confidentiality of participants.
- Prepare a time table to visit the participants according to the participant’s and work place’s destinations
- Clear communication with the family, employer, Participants and staff.
- Bachelor Degree in the relevant field/areas
- Diploma with good working experience
- The applicant should have at-least 2 years’ experience in the relevant assignment.
- Willingness to provide emotional, social, and practical support within the limits.
- Knowledge of one’s boundaries and ability to set limits with others.
- Recognition that all people have strengths and they need to discover and use them.
- Fluent in spoken Tamil/ Sinhala and English with very good command in the skill of Written in English
- Completed background check and training.
- The duration will be maximum one month commencing from the date mentioned in the Contract date or any other date mutually agreed by both parties (IRSL and the resource person).
- Please note the mentoring will be conducted to those who have completed Cashier and Front Desk course (NVQ).
- Mentoring should be done individually.
- Mentoring will be conducted in Batticaloa & Ampara.
- Please indicate your expected fee to each participant’s and mention your expected time to be taken.
- Transport and food will be provided by the office.
APPLICATION AND PARTICULARS:
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 5th August ,2021 via
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to our reception at No 218 , main street, Akkaraipattu-2 (067-2280009).
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the resource person, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief (Sri Lanka) encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the assignment. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.