(with field travels)
|REPORTING TO:||Country Representative / Program Manager|
|PERIOD:||30 Months Program
(Yearly contract with possible extension)
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||Program officer|
|PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The division increases the organisation’s ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organisation’s donors.
Livelihood Coordinator will be the overall responsible for implementation of the project including planning, technical supervision and backstopping support, progress tracking, documentation, budget control, reporting and staff management. He /She will also need to maintain coordination and networking with the field implementation.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post holder is accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- The post holder will design interventions, strategies to achieve outcome and impact of livelihood and skills development program based on the proposal, implementation plan.
- Support the project team to initiate project planning including conducting Base line survey and necessary data collection.
- To support beneficiaries to undertake to improve diversified livelihood opportunities and provide intensive support
- To work closely with relevant stakeholders to empower them through identifying existing skills, strengths and abilities and develop resilience.
- Support Project team to identify local resources opportunities including market availability and formation of SHG.
- Coordinate / conduct training program to improve livelihood on behalf of needy communities.
- To develop progress reports based on log frame.
- Incorporate and mainstream cross cutting thematic area such as gender and inclusion environment and conflict transformation.
- Conduct regular field visit to monitor project progress identify problem challenges and recommend solution.
- Prepare reports on Monthly, Quarterly and Annual basis and as and when needed by different departments and different stake holders.
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared, and reflected in program planning and decision making.
- Train staff on relevant subject and perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
- Facilitate to improve learning condition for orphan / vulnerable children.
- Guide orphaned / vulnerable youths towards skills developments through vocational training and Work with youths to find them job opportunities.
- Capacity building of target communities in child protection and GBV.
- Perform any other mutually agreed tasks
Operation Management and Budget Control
- Ensure organization overall performance standards are improved as a continuous process.
- Provide overall budget monitoring, financial management, and expenses control including compliance with IRSL donor requirements.
- Ensure transparency and accountability tools, processes, and mechanisms to affected communities are in place.
- Ensure continuous capacity building among staff, beneficiaries in handling the Livelihood programming.
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project/program management cycle.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation ( PSEA) and have systems in place.
Essential: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the values and principles as well as commitment to vision and mission of Islamic Relief Worldwide including the following experience, skills and qualification;
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Min. three (3) years working experience with Bachelor degree in program or development sector.
- Experience of working in similar position in development sector / INGO’s with all communities in Sri Lanka.
- Understanding of the programme frameworks, business strategies relevant to Sri Lanka.
- Project management, budgeting planning and execution.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Capacity building and organisational development of programme staff.
- Good working knowledge in English, Sinhala and Tamil languages.
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of programme design and implementation/ management
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to diverse social, cultural, political, faith and gender perspectives
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment
- Knowledge and or familiarity in the region
- Possess valid driving license.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel when required.
- Committed to local laws PSEA, Child Protection and other relevant laws(local/ international)
- Adaptation to professional environment and organization.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 03rd December, 2020 to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant.)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.