Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|BASE LOCATION:||Ampara (Travelling to project sites)|
|REPORTING TO:||Snr.IT cum Communication Officer|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||N/A|
|PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The post holder is fully responsible to ensure the backup of system files, user files and assisting to Snr. IT cum Communication Officer in delivering effective IT and communication systems to Islamic Relief Sri Lanka.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post holder is accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Support to implement ICT management system & Backup procedures.
- Assist for effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages.
- Support to networks administration.
- Capturing project related Photos & Videos
- Produce graphic materials.
- Facilitation of Information Technology function.
- Assist to Snr.IT cum Communication Officer.
- Perform any other task assigned or required.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Minimum Advanced Level Qualification.
- Diploma in Information Technology-(NVQ Level-4)
- Minimum 1 year working experience in relevant discipline preferably development sector /INGOs/NGOs
- S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Photoshop
- Good knowledge of computer technical parts.
- Skills of troubleshooting.
- Experience in hardware and software packages.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International law.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 5th August 2021.to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.