Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|REPORTING TO:||Finance Coordinator|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||Not Applicable|
|PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
Finance Officer works under the guidance of the Finance Coordinator and is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the country program, ensuring compliance with IRSL framework and Government laws internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
COUNTRY OFFICE STRUCTURE
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The post holder is accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the country office and in field offices in accordance with the IRSL Finance Manual and donor regulations
- Including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, and consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of IRSL projects
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to IRW for review by Finance Coordinator, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare monthly management reports to Finance Coordinator and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare financial reports, for review by Finance Coordinator to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Works close with external auditors and internal auditors during financial/tax audits.
- Submits monthly financial reports to Finance Co-ordinate in a timely manner.
- Makes necessary arrangements for opening of Salary Accounts of employees, and deposits official checks & utilities bills if needed.
- Prepare monthly budget after coordinating with all concern departments.
- Prepare and monitor budget against actual expense on routine basis.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls over the receipt, disbursement, and management of project resources.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations, compile and update applicable local policies
- Ensure compliance with IRSL financial policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a fixed Assets and Calculate the Monthly depreciation in AX System and coordinate with operation department if required.
- Responsible for each project monthly documentation.
- Any other duties mutually agreed.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines in line with local laws
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place.
Essential: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the values and principles as well as commitment to vision and mission of Islamic Relief Worldwide including the following experience, skills and qualification;
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years with Bachelor Degree in Finance / Commerce / Business Administration / HND in Accounting – Recognized by UGC or Min 4 years with Diploma in relevant discipline or Min. 3 years with Intermediate level of CA Sri Lanka / ACCA / CIMA
- Experience in finance or Accounting in INGO/Development sector.
- Uunderstanding of the international Financial laws and framework applicable to Islamic Relief Sri Lanka
- Financial management, budgeting, and budget vs. actual expenditures analysis
- Risk assessment and management
- Capacity building and organisational development of programme staff and partner organisations
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Islamic principles as they apply to humanitarian/development issues
- Experience of working in consortium – Audit Experience
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel when required.
- Committed to local laws PSEA, Child Protection and other relevant laws(local/ international)
- Adaptation to professional environment and organization.
- Knowledge and experience in relation to the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Excellent working knowledge in ERP System and Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to diverse social, cultural, political, faith and gender perspectives
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of support service management
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region
- Excellent negotiation skills and vendor management skills.
- Preferred to have working knowledge in all 3 languages.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 22nd October 2021.to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.