Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
Finance cum Admin Assistant
|POSITION:||Finance cum Admin Assistant|
|REPORTING TO:||Finance Coordinator|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||N/A|
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
Finance cum Admin Assistant works under the guidance of the Finance Coordinator and He/she responsible for all aspects of financial and Admin operation of the country field office program, ensuring compliance with IRSL framework and Government laws internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Finance cum Admin Assistant accountable to fulfil his/ her roles and responsibilities in line with IRW’s and IRSL code of conduct, values and principles, and to report to his/her line-manager regularly on the basis of annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
Key Roles/Responsibilities And Accountabilities
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
- Prepare and submit monthly petty cash reports as required.
- Maintaining and developing controls over all advances paid to staff and follow up with advance Settlement.
- Maintenance and recording of all petty cash expenses and prepare daily cash closing sheets.
- Timely reimburse petty cash.
- Collect all utilities and telecommunication invoices from the services provider and process the payments with proper approvals.
- Process project petty cash payments to ensure the documentation is complete and free from error prior to their release.
- Maintain all kind of files as per the archiving policy.
- Submit all relevant petty cash timely expense report with proper approval of relevant budget holder.
- Responsible for attending internal and external queries (Visitors, calls, emails, letters,etc..)
- Supervise and facilitate the timely disposal of waste/ garbage
- Responsible for receiving goods & materials and office supplies.
- Paying visits to program sites/ places where needed.
- Work with vendors & suppliers to collect bills, payments, cheques etc. if so required.
- Arrange & managing vehicle request form for field staff
- Managing attendance sheet.
- Responsible for office repair and maintenance.
- Supervise the subordinate where relevant
- Perform any other job-related activity required to achieve the goals and objectives under the Project.
- Perform any other duties mutually agreed by line manager.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Min two (2) years relevant experience with Advanced Level qualifications.
- Experience of working in similar position in development sector / NGO’s or INGO sector is preferred.
- Experience in Office Administration.
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of finance and operation management.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment.
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International law.
- possess a valid driving license.
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 24th May 2021.to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.