Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|REPORTING TO:||Program Manager / Country Representative|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
WASH Coordinator will be the overall responsible for implementation of the project including planning, technical supervision and backstopping support, progress tracking, documentation, budget control, reporting and staff management. He /She will also need to maintain coordination and networking with the field implementation.
The position requires to provide thematic lead to the team and take overall responsibility of WASH Project implementation, networking with wider related stakeholders and represent & strategically place IR Sri Lanka.
The WASH Coordinator will be overall lead WASH project and will provide guidance to field staff besides, including capacity building and will be responsible and will do a regular field visit to project areas and motivate the teams and provide his/her guidance to improve the work quality and will represent IRSL in various clusters, forums, meetings.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Job holder work with internal stakeholders (staff members) and external stakeholders as per guidance from line manager.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Programmatic & supervision
- Providing strategic direction on the overall WASH activities of Islamic Relief Sri Lanka
- Developing guidelines, operational manuals, IEC materials etc with team support.
- Project Budgeting Budget controlling and budget managing
- Providing operational support to field officers
- Assisting the Program Manager/ CR in programmatic issues.
- Reviewing Project Action Plan and Progress tracking, reporting, and necessary follow up Project & technical staffs and vendors.
- Conducting the progress review meeting with the field teams.
- Supervising the project & technical staffs.
- Overseeing the procurement issues and tender or quotation document/RFQ preparation and support to procurement.
- Ensure projects are implemented as per required guidelines and quality
External and Internal Coordination
- Frequently Coordination and liaison with project teams, Procurement, Communication, Finance unit, logistic, Human Resource unit, and with the vendors/contractor.
- Coordination with various stakeholders such as government officials, Partner NGOs, INGOs, WaSH and clusters & other stakeholders.
- Attending technical meetings/workshops as a technical focal person & represent the organization.
- Producing project monthly report, final reports.
- Providing the technical inputs in concept note writing, project proposal writing, budgeting for fundraising
- To facilitate donor/external visits and ensure that recommendations of visitors are addressed
- Willing to frequent field visits to the project areas consulting with the line management
- Capacity building in, project team of WASH programming, documentation & implementation.
- Any other duties mutually agreed.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Minimum Degree in Development/ Social Science.
- Qualification in Program Management and Development ( PMD Pro)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Development sector with min. 2 years in WASH Project.
- Completed any safeguarding and protection courses / sessions.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage effectively at operational level with government, UN, NGO’s and other stakeholders
- Financial management, budgeting, and budget vs. actual expenditures analysis
- Risk assessment and management
- Capacity building and organisational development of programme staff and partner organisations
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Islamic principles as they apply to humanitarian/development issues
- Good organisational skills and knowledge of programme design and implementation/ management.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders.
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment.
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International laws
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 18th February 2021.to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.