Islamic Relief-Sri Lanka
|REPORTING TO:||Country Representative|
|PERIOD:||As per contract|
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an International Humanitarian and Development agency dedicated to alleviate the poverty and suffering of the world poorest people. Islamic Relief initiated its Sri Lanka operation since year 2005 in alleviating poverty of the needy and vulnerable people
The office reinforces implementing structure to enable vulnerable people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises and development needs.
The core purpose of the department is to ensure strategic as well as operational framework, policies and procedures (Finance) are aligned with global policies, within government laws. Work with Country Representative and other internal & external key stakeholders to ensure that day to day operations are conducted within the framework/policy guidelines. Provide efficient facilitation to internal staff and resolve problems with innovation and creativity. Department is responsible for all Finance functions in Sri Lanka, including all key processes for each function and compliance. The department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Representative and the Program team to ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively
The position requires to provide thematic lead to the team and take overall responsibility of overall Finance networking with wider related stakeholders and represent & strategically place IR Sri Lanka.
The post holder works under the direction of the Country Representative and is responsible for all aspects of department management of the country Finance ensuring compliance with IRSL framework and Government laws internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
STRUCTURE COUNTRY OFFICE
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Job holder work with internal stakeholders ( staff members) and external stakeholders ( Audit & Tax firms, Government, Vendors, Beneficiaries, Banks )
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure financial manual are strictly followed in line with local laws and regulation.
- Ensure that fund report, balance sheet, income statement etc. Is prepared timely and share with the management and regional finance.
- Ensure smooth co-ordination with Finance team and other stakeholders to receive relevant data in a timely and accurately manner.
- Work with the finance team to provide any support and advice as and when needed on monthly reports.
- Lead BVA process (budget vs actual) of all projects in consultation with programme department
- Responsible for reporting to relevant stake holders.
- Responsible for fund management.
- Any other duties that is mutually agreed.
- Ensure that all matters related to banks are timely addressed and resolved.
- Ensure good working relations with banks and seek advice from banks as and when needed.
- Ensure internal financial processes are aligned with banking requirements including new account opening etc
Annual Audit& Tax returns
- Lead internal or external audit planning, preparation and execution aligned with financial policies and guidelines of IRSL/IRW and Government laws
- Advice and guide all internal departments for audit preparations.
- Ensure internal financial system is in place to manage tax returns as per Government law
- Ensure all types of payments including staff, vendors, partners etc is managed within the financial policies and guidelines and Government Laws.
- Provide on job coaching to internal stakeholders as and when required on any matter related to payments.
- Give approval to all kinds of payments after verification of all required documents for different transactions.
- Guide finance team in line with Financial process and guidelines.
Manage day to day operations of the department:
- This includes day to day management of operations of the department.
- Ensure that each query is timely responded and resolved
- Ensure that appropriate advice is provided as and when needed.
- Ensure the project achieves its overall goal in conformity to all IRW and IRSL policies and guidelines.
- Islamic Relief Sri Lanka is committed towards Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation (PSEA) and have systems in place. Post holder will uphold the relevant policies and values of IRW.
ESSENTIAL: It is essential that the post holder show a good understanding and sympathy towards the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
It is essential that the post holder must follow and uphold the values (Sincerity excellence, Compassion, Social justice, Custodianship) of Islamic Relief and expected to adhere to them.
Islamic Relief has well established systematic standards (IHSAN, CHS, PSEA, SAFEGURADING, CHILD PROTECTION. Etc) to be followed.
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
- Minimum degree in commerce, HND in Accountancy (4years).
- Five years of experience working with INGO/development sector with at least two years relevant discipline.
- Experience in working in consortium (Audit experience)
- Demonstrated capacity to engage effectively at operational level with government, UN, NGO’s and other stakeholders
- Uunderstanding of the international Financial laws and framework applicable to Islamic Relief Sri Lanka
- Financial management, budgeting, and budget vs. actual expenditures analysis
- Risk assessment and management
- Capacity building and organisational development of programme staff and partner organisations
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels with external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge in ERP System
- An ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and in complex environment.
- Knowledge and or familiarity with the country/region.
- Training in any relevant discipline.
- Team work and flexible towards complex challenges
- Aptitude for quickly grasping new technical concepts
- Ability and motivation to travel within the country
- Committed to PSEA , local laws and other International laws
|Application and selection procedure
Application with full resume should be submitted on or before 18th February 2021.to the following email address: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
(Due to urgency of the position, advertisement process may end earlier from deadline/date upon identification of right applicant)
Islamic Relief Sri Lanka encourages female and differently able applicants to apply for the position. We have well placed systems on safeguarding and protection of employees at all levels.